Poet Voice and Flock Mentality: Why Poets Need to Think for Themselves
Poet. Author of APOCRYPHAL. Editor of Luna Luna Mag.
1. Why do I speak like my professors, peers or other acclaimed poets?
2. Am I aware that I am speaking with this lilt?
3. What does Poet Voice offer me?
4. What will happen when I abandon it?
5. Do I think my lineation really sounds like this?
6. Have I recorded myself reading with and without Poet Voice? Can I hear the difference?
7. Most importantly: Have I tried to read the poem simply as myself, with no preset ideas of "performance."
8. Will I become my own performance "style"?
|MAGE: MASHABLE COMPOSITE. MARCUS BUTT/GETTY CREATIVE|